Is the performance of high-value tools affecting your production and product quality?
Press tools, moulds, extrusion tools, fixtures, jigs are but a few examples where the tooling has a considerable effect on the process. Many tools produce more than 1 part at the same time e.g. multiple cavities, dies. Each of the cavities have their individual effect and must be managed accordingly.
What does the Tool Management module do?
Use the Tool Management software
module of Lighthouse MES software
- Build a tool asset library, with information about each tool, including each cavity
- Track where and when tools are used
- Support faster change-overs
- Use the tool information to improve your production scheduling
- Manage the state of tools, know when they are good to use
Speak to one of our consultants
What are the benefits of the Tool Management module?
- Efficient tool tracking: track your tools, know where they are, where they have been used
- Go paperless: if that is how you record the use of tools today
- Faster change-overs: see when tool changes are coming up and mobilise accordingly
- Visibility: everyone can see where the tools are and what state they are in
- Reduce losses with multi-cavity tools: track the history of all cavities, when they have been opened and closed, make better decisions about when tools should be repaired rather than run with some cavities blocked
- Improve quality: track measurements by tool and cavity, monitor degradation, make better decisions on when to maintain
- Traceability: know what products were made with what tool and when