What is a CMMS?
A computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) is software used to ensure an organisation’s critical assets remain available and are optimised to meet the demands of its activity. In the manufacturing environment, the CMMS will keep track of the state of machinery, equipment, vehicles etc. as well as facilitate the management of planned maintenance and repairs activities, resources and spare-parts.
Are you looking for a CMMS to optimise maintenance and integrate with manufacturing operations?
In the manufacturing environment, CMMS systems are essential to maintain production equipment in good condition and prevent breakdown as well as reduce waste or scrap. Use the Maintenance management software
module of Lighthouse MES Software
- Implement a Maintenance Management solution that is comprehensive, user-friendly and provide complete visibility of maintenance operations
- Use mobile devices to allow engineers to record maintenance activities at the place of work
- Build up detailed, accurate maintenance records
- Manage spare part inventory directly or connect to ERP through interfaces
- Be more selective in planning maintenance schedules to move from simple periodic plans, to plans based on equipment use and/or specific events
Speak to one of our consultants
What are the benefits of the CMMS module?
- Lower the cost of maintenance – by arranging schedules based on usage not just fixed calendar periods
- Improve planning – plan maintenance activities well in advance, predict spare part and labour requirements, see related work – be sure not to forget anything
- Improve visibility – everyone can see what is being done, what is waiting and why
- Manage resources – maximises maintenance workforce resources and skills through better planning and allocation
Lighthouse MES' CMMS will deliver many other benefits across the factory. Find out more on the Go Further tab below.