Key challenges facing the Plastics & Rubber industry
Plastics and rubber have taken a prominent place in an incredible variety of products from automotive, packaging, construction, electronics and household products.
In a context of rising global demand, the industry faces many challenges:
- Increasing global competition from lower-cost countries force manufacturers to become more efficient and to add value to the customer relationship
- Unpredictable fluctuation in raw material prices threaten profitability
- High volume producers must minimise downtime and maximise OEE to achieve profits
- Run factories with fewer people, requiring more automation and better standardised processes
- Changing consumer life-style and taste drive innovation in the sector
- Global awareness of sustainability issues backed by environmental legislations put pressure on plastics and rubber manufacturers to develop products that meet the new standards
Lighthouse MES: Digital Transformation for the Plastics & Rubber industry
Lighthouse MES / MOM Software
allows you to gain control of your production operations. It can integrate with ERP to download the production schedule and track order execution.
The MES software
connects directly to machines to count production
and alert to performance problems in an environment where there are few people to manage the process. Tracking your tooling down to cavity level, it can manage all quality data and help manage all maintenance operations.
Speak to one of our consultants